New boss Tony Pulis’s reign at the Owls started with defeat at Preston on Saturday
Image Credit: swfc.co.uk
Written by Dominic Chapman, Low6 Columnist (chapperss_23)
It didn’t quite go to plan for Tony Pulis on his first match in charge as Sheffield Wednesday were defeated by Preston North End this past weekend.
Having to contest 70 minutes with ten men made the task all the more tough.
But the Owls have a quick EFL Championship turnaround to try and right the wrongs of their Lancashire exploits.
They head west of the M4 to high-flying Swansea City – who have won three of their last five, and saw off Rotherham at the Liberty Stadium on Saturday.
Wednesday have had that many in defeats from as many outings but still sit within a victory away from a place outside the relegation zone.
Their goal difference is significantly better than some of those around them, too.
But to get back on track, they’ll need to record a first away success in the Welsh city since August 1983 – failing to register a win in all competitions in this fixture on the last five trips.
There is, however, some cause for optimism for Wednesdayites.
While Pulis’s record in opening games tended to be fairly underwhelming, he normally gets a bounce from his sides at the second time of asking.
In five of his last stints at other clubs, he has been victorious in his second game on three occasions.
For all details on team news, match updates and how to stream live, head to the official club website.
As with every Owls game this season, Wednesday Bet has £1,000 to be won ahead of our Championship clash with the Swans, with entry absolutely free.
Simply answer the ten designated and score more points than your fellow players to be in with a chance of winning a share, or all, of the prize pot.
- Will Wednesday win? No: This is a tough test for the Owls against a side who sit fourth in the table and have only lost once at home this season. Wednesday don’t concede many, though, so they’ll look to thwart their opponents’ front line and, with a disciplined performance, can pick up a point.
- How many goals will Wednesday score? 1: Wednesday have only scored 2 goals in 7 games and now have Josh Windass suspended. That record is sure to change fortune soon, however, and set plays will be the key.
- Will Wednesday score in the first half? No.
- How many shots on target will Wednesday have? 2.
- How many corners will Wednesday have? 4-6: Tony Pulis’s side had 6 corners in Saturday’s trip to Preston.
- Will Callum Paterson score? No.
- How many shots on goal will Jordan Rhodes have? 2.
- How many assists will Barry Bannan have? 0.
- How many tackles will Liam Palmer make? 2.
- How many tackles will Joost van Aken have? 3.
To register an account with Low6 or an affiliate, you must be 18+ to play. T&C’s apply. Please play responsibly. Begambleaware.org.